Posts

Monday, October 18, 2010

Rut #7 - Robert George - Das Bus

Das bus is a magical thing (I think there may even be a children's book whose central theme is the very magicalness of the buses system of which I speak) So magical in fact, that getting onto the bus outside of the Wilk was like traveling through time and space for me. You see, the last time I was on a bus was on my mission, some 3 years ago. We didn't take the bus very often, only when we got tired of riding our bikes in the sweltering heat or the frigid cold. I've never gotten onto a bus and not had the eyes of all passengers, at least momentarily, look at me and wonder what an oddity it was to see two young white boys in shirt and tie talking to them of religion and such. This time I was like everyone else. No one looked. Riding the bus was an odd experience, it reminded me of many things that had were once forgotten.
I'm just glad we didn't get up to 88 mph, or I may not be here typing this at this very moment, right now. I could never survive in another dimension, or the future or past for that matter. The End.

3 comments:

  1. books? I saw the movies. Macgic School bus was legit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to watch the magic school bus and dream about how cool taking the school bus to school would be cause I never got to

    ReplyDelete