Posts

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Rut #6: Emily Jacobsen: Painting

I loved painting growing up. The basement of my parents house was the kid's area, and my mom let us paint on the walls whenever we wanted. We usually used a tracer to project images from our coloring books and VHS movies onto the walls so that we could paint our favorite characters. However, I haven't painted in a while so this was very refreshing!

I chose the colors and theme of my painting because I have been falling in love with yellow, black, and grey as a color scheme for clothing styles and interior design. I felt so free and expressive while I was painting and hot gluing all of these things onto my canvas. I just felt all the items needed to go together, I can't really explain it. But its like a summary board of what I would want an outfit or a room to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment