Posts

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Steven Stucki - Rock and Roll

 

Writing music is something I do regularly. It is truly therapeutic for me. I find that during the times where I am feeling particularly inspired I am able to write many songs quickly, and I feel like it's a positive force in my life. Those times when I am not pushing myself to write are the times when I am letting my optimism drain and just going about my days with a more negative outlook.
I have recorded somewhere around 50 songs on 3 different albums and an EP, and of all the songs there are 2 that for some reason are really poignant for me. The first is called, Innocent. It is inspired by my experiences with a younger sister who struggles with the weight of depression and anorexia. The second is a song called Mad For You. While I have performed it many times at different shows, it is simply a short lullaby i wrote with the idea that I would one day use it to sing my children to sleep.

Listen to the songs on spotify:
http://open.spotify.com/track/15asXmqnhs8G0PFj2XU7So http://open.spotify.com/track/4ynNAfXbkCiGlUPKuoFgrF

INNOCENT 
High enough’s not quite enough
When all your fears are in a row
Door shut. Mind Shut
When’s it finally enough?

Easier now that she’s not at home

I know you feel like giving up
You don’t feel loved
You don’t feel the love

Well why do you think your sister cries
When she holds you in her arms?
When she holds you in her arms

Easier now that she’s not at home

She’s innocent, innocent, innocent
Innocent

Have to breathe, think
Have to speak
Think what you’d lose
Think what you’d lose
If you choose that same fate
Move that same pace
God has good grace
God’s full of grace

Easier now that she’s not at home

She’s innocent, innocent, innocent
Innocent


MAD FOR YOU

Sometimes I feel so moved by love
I move my feet your direction just because

Sometimes I cry when I wake up
I dream about you and it’s never enough

Some people tell me,
“Be careful. You don’t want to fall too fast”

But I’m mad for you
I’m mad for you

5 comments:

  1. powerful lyrics. Great to listen to too. Annnd I like your Album cover artwork..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat stuff! That's cool that you've been able to record so much stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am really impressed! I loved your stuff! Very talented! Now I feel like I need to get your autograph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. Your song-writing experience is really evident.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super heartfelt and creative! I still need to go to one of your concerts!

    ReplyDelete