Posts

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Rut #5- Kim Pratt

I was heading south on the highway,
Thinking things were going my way.
Pretty girls on the sidewalk,
I think they're hot so I'll go talk.

(CHORUS)
But they turn around,
But they turn around.
I'm rejected once again,
I'm rejected once again.

I was posted up at the bus stop,
Then I see a some pretty cops.
I walk to her to see,
If one was the girl for me.

CHORUS

I ran home to tell my mom,
She said I should write a song.
No worries in my life,
no girl to cause me strife.

Life, life, life.
Life, life, life.

Things get better when you just forget,
It was then that special girl I met.
She was pretty and really nice,
Goes to show virtue is better than vice.

She didn't turn around,
She didn't turn around.
Not rejected once again,
Not rejected once again.

So I didn't really know what in the world I was going to write about but I decided you cant go wrong starting a song with the line "I was heading south on the highway." As you can obviously tell that was a good move on my part, the song is pretty rad. It might not actually be that good, but in the song writing process I did gain some respect for Taylor Swift even if all she sings about is her breakups. I learned from this creative exercise that you just need to start writing and the idea will form itself. I think that has a lot to do with being creative in advertising as well, once you start the conveyor belt, the ideas keep coming. I definitely had to make use of some rhyming skills on the exercise  Once the rhyme came the melody just seemed to flow with the music. I can't wait for this to hit the charts, watch for it this summer.

1 comment: