Posts

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Rut #5-Michelle Monson

I've made songs before in the BYU Songwriting class, but then I went on my mission and it has been a couple years since I've jotted down some lyrics.  I have learned that I need to brainstorm ideas and topics for a song and then when something comes to me, like a line for a particular topic, I then need to write it down in my moleskine notebook.  I think my creative muscles used were my brainstorming muscles and then just organizing my thoughts so the song made sense. 


Stalk Rock Song

It’s the girl who always knows
Where you’re at
She stole all your CDS
And even your cat
She won’t give back your favorite
Monster t-shirt
That overly obsessed
Little witchy flirt

But she’s not
All that hot
So I’ve won
Yeeeaaaaahhhh!
I’m your new stalk rock

It’s those days where she would run
To your front door
And text a million times
Until her hand is sore
No matter how much you say
Leave me alone
She always seems to know
When you are home

But she’s not
All that hot
So I’ve won
Yeeeaaaaahhhhh!
I’m your new stalk rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment