Posts

Monday, February 9, 2015

Rut #4 New Food - Gabe McFadden

So this one was actually kind of hard for me-- growing up in California with a mom who runs a relatively successful food blog means I have been exposed to most types of food. I couldn't really find a cuisine that was offered here in Provo or SLC that I hadn't had already. However, late Friday night I got a call from a friend asking to go with her to Black Sheep Cafe. I have wanted to try it, but have been reluctant to because it is one of the "trendy upscale" restaurants here in Provo and after trying and being EXTREMELY disappointed with Communal (great atmosphere, cool space, attractive staff, innovative ideas--but poor execution. In any other city, Communal would be a massie flop. But I digress).

Anyways-- we went and I had pork jowls for the first time and I also ate radishes, which I thought I hated and I'm sure I've eaten them before but not since I can remember so hopefully those count too. I also had cactus pear in my dessert which I had never had before.

$42 dollars each later I was finally satisfied with a Provo semi-high end eating establishment. The prices are high enough to keep out the rif-raff but not nearly as expensive as a meal in LA so I am content. I'm mostly joking-- I'm only pretentious for dramatic effect. But the food was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment