Posts

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Rut #4 Frankie FInan





So... Yesterday my wife and I decided that we wanted to go to the asian market on state street that is right across Fresh Market. We had never gone before and we wanted to see what they had. Well...when we first walked in the store smelled of fish and seaweed and then after a little while, you get used to the smell. We were perusing around and we didn't see anything that was of interest to us until we saw the frozen  and refrigerated section of food! They had so many things but most of them I had tried before either on sushi or some other asian form. Then I saw it, the thing that I had never tried before and had been scared to for the longest time. BALUT! Balut is a duck (or other bird) egg that has a semi formed duckling inside of it. I'm not going to lie...i'm not scared to be adventurous when it comes to food but this was different. I was just imagining how it tasted and what it would be like. We bought two to take home because we both had to try it. We got home and decided to prepare ourselves with water and puke buckets just in case.  Then it was time...we both bit into our Balut eggs and both looked at each other in such disgust! It was awful!!!!!!!! There was a nasty, rotten smell that accompanied the egg. Neither of us finished out eggs but we did swallow two bites of our eggs. Plus neither of us had to use the puke bucket. It was hands down the most disgusting things i've eaten and i've eaten MANY gross things before in my life. Heres a picture of what it looks like. These are  not the ones we got but same idea. 








1 comment:

  1. Way to be adventurous! I love duck, but I'm not sure about duck inside another duck.

    ReplyDelete