Posts

Monday, January 11, 2016

Finding #1 (for the interim) – Omar

Car Crash Insurance Ad

I saw this ad on ads of the world. I know someone in the class had said they enjoyed the Ken Garff ads with the ears that are attempting to suggest they are listening.  I find they are absurd and forgettable.
This ad communicates that same idea, "we're listening," in an innovative way. They demonstrate empathy by voluntarily participating in a car crash. While it's completely mad, you won't easily forget a stunt like that, especially given who the passenger is.
While pulling stunts has become common for brands like Red Bull, ASUS and Pepsi, this ad had a purpose beyond, "Wouldn't it be cool," or "I bet people would share this." I'm sure both of those thoughts were considered. But seldom is the stunt so integral in the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment