Posts

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Rut #3 Frank Finan


Last night I had the opportunity to watch the documentary called Born into Brothels. So i'm not going to lie, I was really NOT looking forward to watching the movie and "wasting" my saturday night with my wife. It's the only night we have together where we can go out and do something so going to go see a movie that was an assignment was the last thing I wanted to do. After watching it, my wife and I both said that we loved it! Reading the subtitles was kind of a hassle a first but after you get the hang of reading it, it's not so bad. I understand why this movie won an Oscar because it is very well done. It really grabs your attention from the beginning and keeps your attention throughout the entire movie. I was hardcore routing for the photographer the entire time to get that one kid his visa so he could go to Amsterdam. The movie is very emotional on many different levels and I think that is why it was so successful. The emotion of the parents, the children, and the photographer. I really did enjoy this movie. This is the second film that i've seen in the international cinema that have been assignments and they both have been awesome! I guess I should go more often.

-Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment