Posts

Monday, January 19, 2015

Peer Pressure and Punk Rock! - Gabe McFadden

Rut 2 - Gabe McFadden - Peer Pressure and Punk Rock!

This was actually really difficult for me-- I honestly feel like I've done everything that I want to and there isn't much I've been too scared to do. I was fortunate enough to spend the weekend with some friends in SLC and while I was up there, my good friend Tori decided to get another piercing in her ear. With nothing better to do I tagged along. Once there I spoke with Tori and our other friends about how I have always wanted to get something pierced but didn't know what. For a long time I wanted my eyebrow done but I had heard that that hole never closes completely even if you stop wearing the ring or post. I've been toying with the idea of a lip piercing for a long time but never really entertained the idea because it just seemed a little bit too crazy. But this weekend I was apparently feeling super punk rock and so getting a little tiny hole in my face seemed like less and less of a big deal.

I had already purchased my first skateboard the day before and now I was sitting in a piercing studio with my friends and an assignment to do something spontaneous that I have never done before. So 20 minutes and one (surprisingly painless) pinch later, I got a lip ring.

I learned that it actually wasn't as scary and painful as I anticipated, I have the capacity to be very impulsive, peer pressure is real, and lip rings make you feel super punk rock.

I guess I'll have to take it out when I go to the testing center....


No comments:

Post a Comment