Posts

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Born into Brothels-Nate

Born into brothels was an eye opening film. Of course I knew places like that existed, but what sad lives they live. Kids born into the worst situations. However, some of the things I took away from the film are the kids still seem to be happy despite their poor circumstances. Despite being worked and treated harshly they still seemed to have a sense of happiness. They still giggled and laughed and were eager to learn. My favorite line of the movie was one girl said that if she could live anywhere else she would live somewhere with education. That put things into perspective for me. We are blessed with an amazing opportunity at BYU. There are people who would do anything to have a chance to learn and grow and gain skills at a school like BYU. I need to redouble my efforts to take away as much as possible from BYU.

No comments:

Post a Comment