Posts

Friday, January 23, 2015

Rut 1

I thought the Plexus 29 was truly amazing. They way the light hit different strings and the way the piece was put together made it a truly unique experience. Its cool to see how so many little strings combined together can create such a masterpiece. It makes me think of the scripture in Alma that by small and simple things/means are great things brought to pass. Now that scripture can be applied to many different things, but I believe it applies here. Just one string reflect the light couldn't create the rainbow of colors that it did. Even two or three strings couldn't produce the array of colors that were produced in this piece. But many many different strings, each individually not meaning a whole lot, but together they create something special.

The block plan series was really neat. I think for me it showed provo in a different way. I often see it as this small college town, but the block town showed it as well thought out, historical, and of great variety. As I saw the different descriptions of the block plan and the layout I thought of many memories I have had both growing up and now living in Provo as a student. Different place remind me of different experiences. I remember walking across the campus drive footbridge to attend one of my first BYU basketball games when I was a younger lad.

No comments:

Post a Comment