Posts

Monday, October 31, 2011

Trax Ride




Saturday Night I took advantage of having to ridepublic transportation and insisted that me and my boyfriend go to Sandy and ride the trax from Sandy to SLC to have dinner. I thought this would be easier then riding the bus ( to be honest but, it sounds like I had just as much of an Experience as anyone else)
First, we struggled to find the station and place to park. Once we found it we had to figure out
how to purchase tickets. Even though we thought we were prepared becuase we watched a video on the UTA website. It didn't end up being the same.

Not to worry we finally figured it out. Then we learned a hard lesson on knowing when the trains come and go, because we waited in the cold for about 15 min! In the mean time we witnessed a lady asking around if anyone had seen her phone and this teenage kid was like yea i got it. I couldn't tell what he was planning on doing with the phone, but I was impressed that he gave it back to her, because he could have totally ignored her.

Once we got on the train, I was impressed on how nice the train was. I spent the time people watching and on my phone trying to figure out where we were going to get off. My boyfriend and I talked about how by the time we got on
the train we probably could have already been in SLC if we had continued driving on the interstate. ( He wasn't really feeling this whole experience, I was trying to embrace it) After a 20
min ride we made it to downtown.
After dinner we decided to hear back to the station, because it was about 10:30 and we knew the last train was at 11 and wanted to be safe.
A train came within 3 min, but it wasn't the right one and we were shocked to she it PACKED with Asians. We started talking to this man who said the last train was like that too. But he was an experienced Trax rider and said the next train would be the next one to Sandy. While we
waited for this train ( another 20 min wait) we had a some entertainment.)
The train came and again is was PACKED but we just had to squish on. Luckily all of these people got off on the next stop and we could sit down.
One the way back it was a little more relaxing because I already knew where we needed to get off. I had the time to realize how handicap accessible the train was. Every door was able to have a wheel chair to go on and off. ( I saw it twice)
I felt like for the price and the time I spent waiting it wasn't worth. But I could see how for commuters it might be, because you could sit there and get whatever you need to get done done. ANd wouldn't have to worry about parking.

6 comments:

  1. I've made this trip several times. The first time is always scary because you don't know if you're getting on at the right time and if you'll miss the bus you need. It gets easier though and you can time it better once you get used to it though. Why were there so many Asians that day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife makes that commute every day to U of U. She drives to Sandy some days though. Since it's included in her tuition, she loves it. It gives here extra time to do school work—like you said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is random there were so many asians. I hear they are planning on expanding Trax all the way down to Provo in the next few years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done that one before. Mainly because Trax were so new, that we wanted to be a part of the revolution.

    I do like how it takes you to the heart of downtown. Not only is gas not a problem, you don't have to find a place to park either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how much fun you had! I also love that you captured the people in Halloween costumes. What a fun date idea. I know that might seem crazy but it could be totally weird and different. Well done.

    ReplyDelete