Posts

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Rut #7-Rob Witt

I love the experience public transportation brings, especially in large cities like DC, Philadelphia, and New York. I am rather confident when it comes to riding the Metro through DC, and getting around SEPTA in Philly but ask me about UTA and I am clueless. Thank goodness for the internet.

I live on 700 East where a bus stop is literally at the end of my driveway. However with the never-ending construction that has been going on, the route has been detoured to who knows where. So I decided to catch the next closest bus route. I caught the 832 by the WILK. I chose this route for two reasons: first, a friend recommended I take this bus because she rides it every day for work. And second, route 832 goes past University Mall. On Friday I had to pick up my runner’s packet for the Halloween Half Marathon so I figured I would make the most of this public transportation journey and travel to a place I needed to get too.

A few things I learned was my cousin Brook rides the bus! I ran into her while I was getting on the bus, she was on her way to Wyview where the majority of bus riders got off. The bus was unexpectedly full for a Friday evening, particularly with females. I thought that was interesting but there were much more females then males in that particular bus.

I was surprised at how people amused themselves while riding the bus, I honestly thought more people would entertain themselves by talking/texting/browsing on their phone but only a few were distracted with their phones. A good number of people were engaged in conversations with other bus cruisers, and one group was even singing some tunes…

3 comments: