Posts

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Rut #3 (International Cinema) Jared Smith



My experience with watching “Wings of Desire” was a terrible one. The reasons for such a terrible experience are threefold. First, the movie resurfaced all the depressing and gross memories from my mission. Second, I felt lost for the three-fourths of the movie. Third, that movie could have been at least 30 minutes shorter – and should have been at least 45 minutes shorter. 

Despite my disapproving nature of the movie I thought some parts were interesting. The movie had a very slow pace, that pace juxtaposed to the fast pace American films was fresh. I’m not sure if this is characteristic of all German films but “Wings of Desire” had a lot less dialogue than American films. Also, I thought the perspective of the nature of angels was very unorthodox and compelling.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree! I was lost for most of it too - yet on rotten tomatoes it got like a 98%! But it did have a good message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I was lost for most of it too - yet on rotten tomatoes it got like a 98%! But it did have a good message!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I had to leave early I was too annoyed with being lost for the majority of it.

    ReplyDelete