Posts

Monday, September 6, 2010

Rut No. 2 - Robert George iii

I played guitar........... and SANG!......... FOR!......(drum roll).... A GIRL!!!!! DUN! DUN! DUN!
I have played in bands for many many moons. For as far as the eye can see. Yet, alas, I have never been in charge of vocal duties, just the mind blowing face melting ethereal guitar awesomeness that our music would encompass. I have shied away from singing because I'm not too keen on the sound of my voice, not super confident in it blah blah blah. Well, anywho, our last band broke up at the beginning of this year so a friend of mine and I started up a new project. It would be my music, or at least I would be the principle song writer and only guitarist in the band, and I would also be in charge of vocal duties.
To make a long blog post short, I figured that if the goal is to eventually be singing in front of large crowds of people, I better start of with by singing for at least one person, and go from there.
To continue continuing making a long blog post even shorter, I went to my lover's house, a few songs were sung, ears were possibly amazed, my heart definitely grew multiple sizes, blah blah blah. I had never "performed" under those sort of circumstances before. Alone, by myself, all eyes on me. I was nervous, I 'm sure messed up a few times, I don't even remember. I did it though and I'm glad I did. I had to start somewhere.

What I learned about myself:
1. I can do it
2. Confidence is key
3. I'm really awesome
3. I already did 3, let's move on to 4
4. I can't think of anything else at this moment in time
5. The end

3 comments:

  1. That's brave man. I wouldn't trust my singing voice to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! That's hard. I've always been so terrified of singing in public. Alone. Its really nerve-wracking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Rob G. That takes way more guts than singing in front of a bunch of people you don't know.

    ReplyDelete