Posts

Monday, September 6, 2010

Rut #2 Tanner Ham

Lets face it, scooters are not the most masculine machines out there. Add the color red and also a whicker basket to it and I don't want to be seen riding it without my wife on the back. You see, i f my wife is on the back then no one ever wonders if the scooter is mine, or at least I hope not, they should just assume it is her scooter.

Anyways, today, I decided to take a long trip on this red vespa and do the unthinkable; ride it alone, with everyone thinking that the scooter is definitely mine and that I bought a red vespa and put a basket on it. The destination was Midway and back and lets just say that there was heavy holiday traffic. I was passed by every Harley in the state of Utah and I'm sure they had their laughs at my expense. Oh and to top it off, when the vespa hits an incline it slows to 30 mph. This held up traffic pretty bad so I also was getting bad looks for wasting peoples time.

What I learned about myself:

1. I love the scooter. (I would pick another color for myself but all in all it was an awesome ride)

2. Yesterday was a cold Labor Day to be riding without a Jacket.

3. The Vespa gets up to 74 mph down hills and bugs hurt when they hit you in the face at that speed.

4. I found it very funny to see the reactions people had to me riding the scooter.

5. I also learned that I can totally pull it off ha.

9 comments:

  1. I think it's so funny that you rode a scooter and I rode a motorcycle for our "Out of the Rut" experience and then posted right next to each other.

    But I thought your post was super funny :P And scooters are way fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the scooter and the motorcycle should get married, just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. so funny! questions: how many bugs did you eat? did you get flipped off? and where is your helmet young man?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you took that picture of yourself while riding at a ridiculous high speed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think out of all the RUT assignments this by far is the bravest one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a brave man. Your wife would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a pink scooter and my boyfriend won't even ride on the back of it with me! haha, duh its obviously mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea. I love this story. And I love your writing. I was laughing over every line of this post. -EliseM

    ReplyDelete