Posts

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Finding #5


Welcome to the world of Pryaniki. Once upon a time I spent some time in the Motherland. A roughly 18 month time period, Russia and me. Over the course of those months, I was exposed to a wide variety of exotic European treats and delicacies that seemed to cushion the blow of any stressful gospel lesson. Haha, cookies, chocolates, candies, all accompanied with scorching hot herbal tea.

My mission companion and I were able to have a mini reunion up in Salt Lake-- complete with our very own trip to a LEGITIMATE Russian GROCERY STORE.
There, among the array of sausages, breads, and ice creams, we cam across these little babies.
Pryaniki-- the firm, crunchy, soft, and sugar coated dreams come true. Apparently they're even more phenomenal when warmed and microwaved, but any form of glucose can send me reeling, honestly. SO GOOD! It's a temptation to not down the entire bag in a matter of seconds! They come in all varieties, some carmel-filled, and these happened to have  tint of cherry flavor.

My search for happiness ends here. I loved the blast from the past and trying priyanki, cherry flavored! It was neat to reach out and go above/beyond my usual Smith's run that involves few things outside of turkey, apples, and oatmeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment